Can you believe it? Social Media Breakfast Bangor is one year old. Back on June 2 of last year, a couple dozen friends joined us for some conversation and some bacon. We’d like to thank everyone who has supported the dozen breakfasts since – and we want to celebrate.
For our June 7 breakfast, we’ll be taking a break from our normal routine. We thought a great way to look back at the year would be to recognize some of the people who have been doing great things with social media; to do that, we’re going to be holding our first-ever social media awards.
Here’s how it’ll work. Between now and Monday, May 14th at noon, please nominate Bangor-area businesses (and individuals) for the following awards:
- The Faceplanking Award: Who’s the most creative with their content? You see a new post or tweet that makes you smile and tell all your friends. It’s impossible to resist sharing the stuff that the recipient of the Faceplanking Award posts.
- The Hashtagger Award: Who is the go-to person for their industry thanks to social media? Who has been able to build their reputation and expertise on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other networks enough so that their name is synonymous with the work they do?
- The @ Award: Posting’s one thing, but engaging with your audience is another. The @ Award winner is always there with a reply or more info when someone interacts. Who’s the best at staying in touch with their own social media crowd on Twitter, Facebook, and other social networks?
- The 0-60 Award: Where’d they come from? Whether it’s a new business or a seasoned social media user who really took center stage on social media, the 0-60 Award winner has shown the power of generating conversation and buzz.
- The Instabacon Award: Whether it’s through crafty Instagram photos or behind-the-scenes YouTube videos, the winner of this award is a master of integrating photos and videos into their social media world. Who makes a picture or video worth a thousand words?
(You can nominate more than once for every category.)
After we’ve received the nominations, we’ll post a final list next week. We’ll then ask you to cast your ballot for the winners in each category, and we’ll announce the winners at our June breakfast.
We have lots more info to share about our party next month, but for now, make sure you’ll be able to join us on June 7, and nominate away!